I love reading the archives of Sugar High Friday, the monthly event created by Jennifer of The Domestic Goddess . Imagine recipe upon recipe dedicated to sweets, months after months, year after year....all at the click of button. While browsing one night last February, I noticed that the blog hosting SHF citrus way back when three years ago did no longer exist. It must have been really late in the night because I found myself emailing Jennifer telling her that if she was interested in a citrus theme again, that I'd love hosting it. I had heard that the list of future hosts was close to a year long so I put that thought to rest until she emailed back later that week and offered that I host in May...this year! Yippeee!
Why "Citrus"? The simplest answer I have is that after chocolate (or right alongside), citruses are my favorite flavors. Lemons, lime, oranges, tangerines, clementines, mandarines, grapefruits, kumquats,...you name it, I dig it. I know that this does not apply to everybody and without putting citrus as the star of the show, even a touch of lemon juice or grated zest can enhance a dessert tremendously. The bright colors of the fruits and the desserts they are prepared with cannot but make you happy and ready for summer. Let's get all zesty and let's pucker up with citrus in May!
To participate all you have to do is make a dessert featuring any sort (or all if you feel ambitious!) of citrus. Post something that you create something specifically for the event, not from your archives. Use it as the main ingredient of a dessert or as an accent if you are somewhat "citrus hesitant". The possibilities are endless: mousses, cakes, ice creams, custards, brownies, blondies, sauces, candies,....Let your imagination and your creativity run loose!
Life is wild around here in May (I am turning a year older next week and I have lots of cakes to eat!) with celebrations and visitors so here a few guidelines I would like participants to follow to make sure I do not misplace anybody's entry while on a work or sugar coma :)
- The deadline for this month SHF is May 25th. Late bloggers will have to send me a care package of sour lemon candies :)
- In your post, please include a link to Jennifer's blog and mine so it is easy to track back posts that might have fallen through our careful eyes.
- Once you have posted, send me an email at sugarhighfridaycitrus AT gmail DOT com. We are all busy and I sometimes don't check my links back for days and I might miss that you posted for the event. Please, pretty please, let's make it hassle free by sending me an email with the following information:
- your name
- your blog name
- your blog URL
- your post title and short description is you wish
- your post URL
- a picture of your dessert resized to be 200 pixels wide with your blog name as your picture file name
Now this being said: no excuse people....I want to see your citrus :)
Feel free to use this badge in your blog post or side bar.